The classicist larch manor house, which is the seat of the museum, was erected at the end of the 18th century on the site of Firlejowszczyzna folwark near Lublin (today in the area of Łęczyńska and Firlejowska streets). In 1
Manor house from firlejowszczyzna
804–1810 the estate was owned by Franciszek Ksawery Poll, Wincenty’s father. Sold after the family left for L’viv in 1860, it returned to the family for nineteen years as a gift from the citizens of the Lublin Voivodeship, and then changed owners again. The appearance of the manor house and its surroundings is known from a lithography made according to a drawing by Napoleon Orda from 1880. As a result of the industrialisation of the outskirts of the city that had been progressing since the end of the 19th century, its surroundings were completely transformed.
The manor house remained in its original place until 1969, when it was moved to the property at 13 Kalinowszczyzna Street as the first object of the planned open-air museum. On the centenary of Wincenty Pol’s death, on 2 December 1972, the Poet-Geographer’s museum was opened. After changing the location of the Open Air Village Museum in Lublin in 1977, it was handed over to the District Museum in Lublin. In 1990–1994, the building’s basement was constructed, gaining additional exhibition and storage rooms.
Although the manor house in its present place and form is only a reconstruction, its architecture and interiors are an example of a Polish manor, characteristic for our lands.