The museum offers guided tours of the exhibitions, thematic museum lessons and workshops. They take place after prior arrangement of the subject, date and organisational details by telephone.
Topics of museum lessons:
1. Comparative analysis of the poem Żal (Regret) by Józef Czechowicz and Przesłanie Pana Cogito (Message of Mr Cogito) by Zbigniew Herbert.
2. Poetry of deaf suffering and naive joy. The theme of Arcadia and Apocalypse in the works by Józef Czechowicz.
3. City of poets. Literary life of Lublin in the interwar period.
4. Józef Czechowicz and the avant-garde.
5. Relationships of literature and fine arts. Based on the works by Józef Czechowicz.
Workshops and museum lessons for children:
1. Aladdin’s magic lamp.
Activities with the use of educational prints, visiting the permanent exhibition, introducing Józef Czechowicz’s work for children, analysis of the poem Zimowe uroki (Winter charms), artistic activities.
2. Workshops for children: Lublin – a city of legends.
During the classes, children will learn some important Lublin stories, of which – as Czechowicz writes – “there are many, they are attached to almost every Lublin monument, to almost every church or palace”. The program includes: discussion of selected Lublin legends, preparation and presentation of the staging. Maximum number of participants: 15 people.
3. She was the soul and personification of everything related to the work for freedom and independence. Franciszka Arnsztajnowa (1865–1942).
4. “brother in uniform, so big / Piłsudski’s soldier”. Stanisław Czechowicz – the poet’s older brother.
5. Józef Czechowicz – a poet of Independent Poland.
6. On the threshold of independence. Lublin “literary nebulae” of the 1920s.
Ordering tours and museum lessons and any information
by calling +48 (81) 532 30 90 (91).