The permanent exhibition (entrance from Uniwersytecka Street) had not been changed until 2016. On 11 December 2017, as a result of maintenance and adaptation works, the newly-arranged exhibition was opened. It focuses primarily on the history of the “Under the Clock” building and presents the fates of the prisoners tortured here. The Wall of Memory is an important part of the exhibition. It consists of photographs of prisoners who were kept and died in the prison, were murdered in Lublin or German concentration camps. The play of lights serves an important role. It affects the emotions of a visitor and ensured proper perception of the place. The exhibition’s motto is “Lux in tenebris lucet” (“Light shines in darkness”). On the exhibition, the multimedia were skilfully used. The content has been translated into English.
For the first time the exhibition presents the inscriptions made by the prisoners on the walls, memoirs of female prisoners of KL Ravensbrück who were victims of pseudomedical experiments as well as torture tools depicting the scale of tragedy that took place in the building.
In 1991, the Museum acquired the building at Idzi Radziszewski Street, in which the permanent exhibition “Martyrdom of Lublin’s Youth and Scouts from the Lublin Region 1939–1945” was opened. The exhibition by Sławomir Litwiński and Kazimierz Jarzembowski was opened until 2015. In 2020 a renovation begun in order to adapt the building for the needs of new permanent exhibition dedicated to the Polish female prisoners of the German concentration camp in Ravensbrück.