The European Archaeology Days in the Lublin Castle
We invite you to participate in the 1st European Archaeology Days in the Lublin Castle! On 16 June we will take you to a meeting where you will learn about the possibilities of using one of the most dynamically developing technologies in the service of archaeology – 3D digitalisation!
As part of the event:
- we will present 3D scanning with an optical scanner of a human silhouette characterised as a soldier from the early Middle Ages along with his equipment, armament constituting copies of artefacts from the territory of eastern Poland.
- we will show how the effects of 3D scanning are processed by computer.
- we will talk about the results of computer visualisation: models and digital images, animations and physical models made using digital technologies.
- during the workshop, copies of archaeological artefacts, obtained thanks to 3D scanning, will be used. Workshop participants will be able to make objects based on them, decorate them, and then take them with them as a souvenir.
- and all this will be accompanied by video presentations illustrating the possibilities of using 3D technology in excavations, scientific studies and museums.
11.00 – 14.00 – school groups – limited number of places! Reservation: e-mail email@example.com | NO PLACES LEFT
16.00 – 19.00 – individual tours – without registration
Entrance to the event – free.